Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have cleaning people here right now,

and i feel like such a dink. my son makes cleaning hard. he HATES the vacuum, and he wants my attn. all the time. plus me working at night and being 8 mo preggo, im tired, so i wanted them to come to do a really thorough cleaning... but im sitting here in the living room on the computer and i feel like a lazy slob. i am only in a 4 room condo, so i dont have any place private to go. i dont want to leave while they are here, so what am i supposed to do while they are here???

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have cleaning people here right now,

Exactly what your doing. My BFF has cleaning service I think once a month we talk on phone while they are there, etc. Your there incase they have questions to.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
SAHM2Seven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so what am i supposed to do while they are here???

Relax mama! I had a cleaning crew come when I was 9 months pregnant with son #4...my husband was deployed with the Navy and I had 3 other Little boys, 4 and under, so don't feel guilty...I want a cleaning lady to come clean my house....my LO is 15 mont and makes cleaning IMPOSSIBLE and she doesn't believe in napping!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks guys =) im hoping they dont think im just lazy, the first thing my son said to them when they came in before he left was, dont vacuum yet! so hopefully they can kinda see that cleaning with him here is tough. it does feel nice tho to know that my house is going to be sparking in a little bit, lol. i plan on having them come once or twice a month, esp while the baby is tiny. its going to be so hard keeping this place clean with my son and a NB... i was babysitting my baby cousin the other week and my son was here also, and i couldnt even get her bottle washed while she was here! i gotta say tho, this is prob the best way to spend $200...
Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The point in getting a someone to come in and clean your house is to relax while they are doing it and enjoy it! Won't happen all the time (in my case never...so jealous) but that is what you pay them for! You pay them...you enjoy not having to clean and you enjoy a clean house afterwards...its a WIN WIN situation.

Sit back and relax.....

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

=) thanks. i feel like one of the girls gave me a weird look, but im also prob just paranoid, lol. when we didnt end up going on strike at work, i decided that this was going to be my first frivilous "purchase" lol
Old 05-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know exactly how you feel I only ask them to do our bathrooms regularly, but they often do more like scrub the kitchen sink or floors etc. So our girls are in and out in no time. DH works out of town for weeks-months at a time. Being a SAHM with NO sitters and NO daycare makes it hard to clean the tougher areas with kids. Then when DH is home, the last thing we want to do on his off time is spend time cleaning. While they're here I'll usually sit and play with DS2, just to keep him away from bothering them. If he is being good on his own, then I'll prep a meal or get online. I try to do something that I can set down and walk away from to either answer a question for them or distract DS2 from that area of the house.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah, i prob will just have them do dusting/bathroom/kitchen next time. i just wanted a good scrub this time...
one of the ladies just took down a decoration to dust behind... the decoration is a stand up sign that says HALLOWEEN, you should have seen the look on her face, like "WTH?" lol, i could feel my face get red! (its my sons b-day, so i have subtle halloween things up all the time, like small "happy halloween" signs). i cant wait for this to be over. lol. you wouldnt think it would be so torturous!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

One time they came over to clean while DH and I were watching a movie DS1 was in school and DS2 was napping, so we decided to watch a scary movie in the middle of the day. It was one of those movies where you can't take your eyes off the screen or something might happen, full of suspense. We sat there the entire time like two lazy lushes watching TV in the living room while they cleaned our bathrooms I felt weird, but its not like we get to do that or even spend any time together while he is away.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
blackberry75
Registered Users

Relax, if you did anything, you'd just get in their way. My mom has a cleaning lady come once every 2 weeks to deep clean, and she's super nice and blunt. She says that she loves that someone is there if she has any questions, but to try and stay out of her way. She's got a system that works best if unaltered. She's a hoot. Her and mom will actually shot the shat after she's done cleaning and drink tea for an hour or so until her next house is scheduled.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote