Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #131
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Re: Priorities seem mixed up. (I realize I'll probably get flamed....)

i LOVE cosleeping with my DS cause he DOES cuddle with me. DH cant stand being touched while he sleeps and it makes me so sad and lonely. I love when DS comes and slimbs into bed and snuggles with me. i cant sleep w/out him in bed. it wis going to be hard with a new one on the way though! we do have a king sized bed but id personally sleep BETTER if i was just with the kids. EVERY part of DHs sleeping habbits DRIVES ME NUTS and puts a HUGE stint in our relationship!

Advertisement

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #132
cathrynapple
Registered Users

Sometimes you do what you have to do so that everyone can get a bit of sleep. It's hard to understand unless you've been there.
cathrynapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #133
kindramay
Registered Users
seller

DH and I never planned to Co-sleep or sleep in separate beds, it has just started as a fix to what we thought as a temporary situation that has not resolved yet (um, 2 years later?) Its basic heierarchy of needs. We need sleep physically, more than we need the emotional closeness of sleeping together, which we can get outside of bed. In our experience, our relationship with each other as well as with our kids, families, friends etc. were at an all time low before we started to co-sleep with our ds, just due to the lethargy that comes from getting only 2-3 hours of sleep a day for months and months. Honestly, our relationship isn't where it was before we had kids but its rebounded immensely since we started co-sleeping with our son, even though it often means that one or the other of us sleeps on the couch or in ds's bed.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #134
AHIAMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH slept on the couch for most of my ds first year so that I could co-sleep. DH is a VERY heavy sleeper and it wouldn't be safe for him to sleep in the bed with a baby. He will be the first to tell you that. Neither of us are cool with CIO, even the nicer versions. So the only options would be for me to give up sleeping so that I could spend the whole night up rocking and nursing our son, or DH to get a good night sleep on the couch while I get a good night sleep nursing the baby. It in no way had a negative impact on our relationship. I think our consious relationship is where we need to make sure things are working but when we are both unconsious there isn't much togetherness happening really.
Earn money for your searches with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2my4kiddos
AHIAMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #135
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

People are married for decades and babies are only little for such a short time...
Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #136
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
People are married for decades and babies are only little for such a short time...