Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Typical 8 yr old girl??

Oh I am so making a new rule in our home today!!! Loving the idea of no talking til your chores are done. I might even have to get some earplugs because I know the rule will be challenged.

I was just telling my dh that I need to make up signs to post all over and have them laminated. They would be directions on how to complete each chore--because even though they know how to do each one assigned to them they either do a cruddy job at them or ask me a million questions they know the answer to. Maybe Ill have to get that done!!

Nichole WOHM to Nadalee 9/9/98 , Nashara 11/27/99 ,Nareesa 9/6/00 7 hours in my arms, forever in my heart!, Nailynn 5/19/02 , and Dylan 10/26/05
pepsichic9115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I like the idea of having signs....wonder if you could do it like big playing cards and have the kids pick one out of the pile. Total luck of the draw what your chore is for the day.

My kids try to talk to me or have me referee arguments (the girls share a room they need to clean and all 3 have to do the playroom) but I just tell them shhh and back upstairs. If they want to it in your room. To be fair though I don't referee anything (part of being a twin mom was learning this one early) unless there is violence involved.
Sean (11-9-02) Lindsey (11-9-02) and Katelyn (7-5-05)
3Xblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by MeadowAndColtsMama View Post
yup, my son just turned 9 and he argues mildly, diddle daddles and just basically is a sweet pain in the rear!
same here!!!
bowsnbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #14
No Longer Here
My Mood:

Normal behavior for most 11 and 12 year old girls are constantly sidetracked and being reminded to do things they need to do.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote