Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What kind of pictures do you take on vacation?

Do you mostly take pictures of people or stuff??

I ask because we recently went to Disneyworld with my FIL. In the middle of one of the days at the parks my camera battery died. My FIL had his camera and so after we came home I asked about copies of pictures from that day. When I looked through the pics, 95% of them were of attractions....without our family in them. I thought that was odd. I then remembered that when I got out of line for one ride (small world) to change ds, I gave the camera to dh and when he came out I noticed several pics of the "stuff" in the ride, but not the kids.
It got me wondering. What do most people take pics of on vacation?? To me, pictures are worthless if they don't contain images of the people I love. Am I in the minority? I saw lots of people there taking pics of fireworks/ parades while I was taking pics of my kids faces while they were watching fireworks/parades.
So, what do you take pictures of?

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
MrsLiberty
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What kind of pictures do you take on vacation?

I do about 90% people and 10% stuff. The last vacation we took was when my husband and I went to Key West a couple years ago. Most of our pictures are of us in front of various famous things, but I did get a few of the sunset, boats in the harbor, and underwater photos of fish while diving at the reef. Still about 90% people photos, though. I don't give a crap for taking pictures of a whole lot of stuff when I could probably use Google and come up with 10 images of that thing that are better quality than mine anyhow.
Half redneck, half hippie, Libertarian, Army veteran, Engineer turned SAHM to one little princess (07/29/2003) and one future farmer (12/25/2008), and my little boobie monster (5/28/2011). Official partner in crime to my blue collar Adonis since 2004!

Wanna join Swagbucks?
MrsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:

I do about 75% ppl 25% stuff but dh does about 1/2 and 1/2

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
maureen73
Registered Users
seller

We do mostly our family in vacation photos with a specific scene in the background. About 15% is of scenes with nobody in it.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
stringbean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mostly family/people im with, in front of/with the stuff if that makes sense lol
Old 05-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbean02 View Post
mostly family/people im with, in front of/with the stuff if that makes sense lol
This.

I like to capture my kids for memories. Guys have a different perspective I think.

Mini rant to go along with this. We went to the Airshow this last year and my husband insisted on taking all the pictures. When we got home i was flipping through the pictures out of over 100 pictures not a single picture of the kids enjoying their day. Pictures of all the shows, the air craft, the actors, the parachuters, even the tanks and crap he sees everyday (he is in the Army) but not one picture of the kids having fun with the other kids that we were with.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I usually do a 50-50, we went to Colorado and have tons of photos of the mountains with several of us with the mountains in the background, then I have a few of neat stuff at Garden of the Gods with no people in it then a few posed photos.

With the kids I like to take a picture of their face looking at something then the thing they were looking at.
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #8
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kason's mommy View Post
This.

I like to capture my kids for memories. Guys have a different perspective I think.

Mini rant to go along with this. We went to the Airshow this last year and my husband insisted on taking all the pictures. When we got home i was flipping through the pictures out of over 100 pictures not a single picture of the kids enjoying their day. Pictures of all the shows, the air craft, the actors, the parachuters, even the tanks and crap he sees everyday (he is in the Army) but not one picture of the kids having fun with the other kids that we were with.
Hmmm, maybe it is a "guy" thing. I just don't get it. In 5 years I am not going to sigh and smile at pictures of cinderella's castle, but I will sigh and smile at my child's face that has changed so much since that time.
I do take a few pictures of "things" while on vacation, it just surprised me that FIL and dh took SO MANY and neglected to capture on film the fun we were having.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
amphibology29
Registered Users
seller

We're also probably about 50/50. My in-laws are moving home to the states from Ireland soon so they've been taking a lot of trips to various countries and I'm really glad that a lot of her pictures are of things versus people. It's amazing to see famous sights in Cairo and Amsterdam from a tourist's perspective (versus professional tourist industry photography), since I probably will never the chance to do it myself!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mostly of the people. I hate looking at peoples vaca pics and seeing the stuff...I wasn't there, it's pretty much boring to look at pictures of stuff that mean nothing to me.