Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #31
JoeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What time to do your kids go to bed?

When Joey skips his nap, he goes to bed at 7 or 7:30. He is 4.
When he naps, he goes to bed at 8.

DH and I are 27. And usually go to do bed around 11.

Advertisement

Last edited by JoeysMomma; 05-25-2010 at 08:08 PM.
JoeysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #32
Sassu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
All four of them go to bed at the same time, between 8-8:30. The ages are 6, 4, 2, and 10 months.

I have a friend who puts her kids to bed before 7pm every night, usually 6:30 (sometimes even earlier) and I am like....WTH????? Seriously??? I think that is crazy early. What cracks me up is then she says how tired she is by the end of the day b/c they wake up around 5:30am every morning. Hmmm, I wonder why, lol!!!
See, for us it doesn't matter if I put DD to bed later, she'll still wake up between 6:30 and 7:15. So if I don't put her to bed before 7 she's just cranky in the morning! For us, sleep begets sleep.
Sassu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #33
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
I have a friend who puts her kids to bed before 7pm every night, usually 6:30 (sometimes even earlier) and I am like....WTH????? Seriously??? I think that is crazy early. What cracks me up is then she says how tired she is by the end of the day b/c they wake up around 5:30am every morning. Hmmm, I wonder why, lol!!!
I put DS to bed before 6:30. He gets up at 5:30 in the morning. If I keep him up past 7pm, he's up by 3am and REFUSES to go back to sleep (he will scream for hours). Yes, I'm tired and he gets up early, but putting him to bed later makes it worse. To each their own.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:22 PM   #34
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

We start bedtime at 6:30, lights out by 7. He's usually asleep by 8. He's 22 months. He used to go to bed even earlier. Now he's been sleeping until at least 7, so it's been working well to put him down at 7pm. He also takes a 2 hr. nap usually at noon.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:22 PM   #35
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
Ok I am tired of getting snarky remarks for my kids bedtime so I am just wondering what time your your little kids (5 and under is what I am dealing with right now) go to bed?

The story:
both of our kids go to bed at 7:30. My daughter is 4 1/2 and my son is 15 months. We start our bedtime routine at 7:30 and they are in bed with the lights out before 8pm. They get up at 7:30 or 8 am. my son takes 2 naps 10 to noon and 2 to 4 and my DD takes a daily "rest" time from 2 to 4. Everyone around us seems to let their kids be up until 10 or 11 but that just is not for us. I go to bed around 11 for goodness sakes. SO why does it seem that people (esp younger parents) just let their kids stay up so late? I am 24 by the way so I am not like an old fudy duddy
This is pretty much us. I go to bed around 10 so I like the kids in bed a little early so I can spend time with dh and get a few things done around the house...it is also some "me" time.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #36
sophiexp
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 2.5 yr old has gone to be at 9 since 1 yr and 8 since 1.5 yr and sleeps till 7ish.
sophiexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #37
carazoe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

SS 8 will get up at the CRACK OF DAWN, regardless of what time he goes to bed. Because of this, i think its better for him to go to bed on the early side -around 8pm so he can get a full night sleep. On the weekends though, sometimes we let him go to bed around 10 but i think its good for him to get a small nap during the day. (DH and i get naps on weekends so why shouldnt he?)
Wife to Reed, &, select & delayed-vaxing, babywearing, non-circ'ing, co-sleeping Mommy to Gabriel (June 3, 2010), Stepmom to Dagan(11) Expecting baby #2 in MARCH
carazoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #38
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When DS was a newborn I tried getting him to bed around 8ish but he normally wouldn't fall asleep until 9 or 10 We had a non existant schedule back then.

Now at just about 9 months, we go into the bedroom around 8pm, once in awhile 9pm. We co-sleep. Tommy typically falls asleep by 9 at the latest. DF is usually alseep by 9 at the latest too. Once they're both asleep I usually get up and cruise diaperswappers until 11 or 12. DF gets up around 5:30am for work. Sometimes Tommy and I will get up between 7-8am if we have a playgroup or activity early that day. And then sometimes we get to sleep in until 9am :-) But of course, there are the days that Tommy gets up at 6:30am just for fun. yuck lol.

For naps Tommy sleeps a total of 3 hours in 2 naps each day. We're still trying to get those on a regular schedule. But as long as he gets 3 hours total he's good.

I'm 22, DF is 30. My 21 year old friend who has a 2 year old puts her son to bed at 7:30 last I heard. So us youngins are getting on the early bedtime bangwagon! lol

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!

Last edited by crunchymom2b; 05-25-2010 at 08:34 PM.
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #39
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Well as infants both of the kids went down for their long stretch at around 11 then down from their. DS went to bed at 9 until about 12 or 13 months and now is at 7:30. Little babies of course often times don't go to bed that early but I am just glad to know that I am not the only one who puts their kids to bed at this general time

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #40
redneckmama
Registered Users
Formerly: lilybugsmomma
seller

My Mood:

Our routine is very similar to yours, OP.

Both girls, ages 18 months and 3 1/2, start their bedtime routine at 7:30 and are in bed and asleep by 8. The 18 month old naps from about 1-3 most days and the 3 1/2 year old has some quite time on the couch during that same time but she hasn't napped since just before she turned 2.

Very few of our friends have structured bedtimes like we do and I can only think of one other family that does it as early as we do but I've never had any negative comments about it.

ETA: They both get up between 7 and 8 everyday.

Last edited by redneckmama; 05-25-2010 at 08:56 PM.
redneckmama is offline   Reply With Quote