Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2017, 07:03 AM   #1
blue_bug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you store

your diapers???

At the moment I have them in a chest of drawers....but they take up sooooo much space...

I have also looked at Pinterest for some ideas...and there are some shelving type things that people have placed on the walls...

Just thought I'd see if you ladies had any great ideas!!

Thanks

Advertisement

blue_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:29 AM   #2
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you store

We use an Ikea cubical in DS2s room and then we have a rolling cart from Target in our closet for when the new baby gets here .
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have a big white storage thing in the master bath, we keep them in there. Our master bath is really big though and came with the storage so probably not a workable idea for you lol. Before this house I had them in a wooden trunk my grandma had made for me. <3 Before that they were in a bathroom cabinet. We probably don't have as much bathroom stuff as the average family (no makeup, curling iron/straightener/blue dryer, etc) so keeping them in there hasn't been an issue for us and I like them in the bathroom because I tend to change in there. We usually start sitting baby on the potty pretty early on at diaper changes, plus you are right there when you need to rinse one.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:52 AM   #4
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
We have a big white storage thing in the master bath, we keep them in there. Our master bath is really big though and came with the storage so probably not a workable idea for you lol. Before this house I had them in a wooden trunk my grandma had made for me. <3 Before that they were in a bathroom cabinet. We probably don't have as much bathroom stuff as the average family (no makeup, curling iron/straightener/blue dryer, etc) so keeping them in there hasn't been an issue for us and I like them in the bathroom because I tend to change in there. We usually start sitting baby on the potty pretty early on at diaper changes, plus you are right there when you need to rinse one.

I'm curious... no blow dryer?
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:58 AM   #5
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

I have a traditional changing table. What I'm not currently using, gets put in plastic boxes under the crib or in the closet of the same bedroom. Our bathrooms are really small and I have always wanted to have the changing table in the bathroom. It's not possible with these particular bathrooms so I have had the changing table set up right outside the bathroom in the hall and that works well. I moved it into a bedroom recently but there isn't a good place for the diaper pail in there. (Small bedroom) So I believe I will move it back to the hallway by the bathroom.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:05 AM   #6
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
I'm curious... no blow dryer?
Nope. My hair is naturally curly. A blow dryer makes it insanely frizzy and gross. Plus honestly I just don't bother with it that much. I have shampoo, conditioner, a thing of gel, and a handful of pony tail holders. That's it. It looks pretty good if I just put a bit of gel in it after I shower and let it dry. A lot days I just throw it in a pony/braid/bun though.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Nope. My hair is naturally curly. A blow dryer makes it insanely frizzy and gross. Plus honestly I just don't bother with it that much. I have shampoo, conditioner, a thing of gel, and a handful of pony tail holders. That's it. It looks pretty good if I just put a bit of gel in it after I shower and let it dry. A lot days I just throw it in a pony/braid/bun though.

I'm envious.

Do your girls also have magic hair?
Old 05-24-2017, 10:26 AM   #8
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I'm envious.

Do your girls also have magic hair?
No. They (big girls) have DH's stick straight hair. It's pretty. But I wish one had curls. For us though, a good shampoo and conditioner makes a world of difference. I use grown up name-brand shampoo and conditioner on them and it helps a lot.

Addilyn doesn't have tons of hair yet but she has curl potential!! I'm ridiculously excited about it. She has springy curls in the back and a bit of curl up front. It's sort of a mess most days but I love it.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #9
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Ohhh Jen!!! What GORGEOUS girls!!!!! They are all beautiful!!!!
Old 05-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #10
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Ohhh Jen!!! What GORGEOUS girls!!!!! They are all beautiful!!!!
Thanks lady. I think so too. <3