Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
tripmomplus1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am a mess, and I just don't know what to do anymore...

I feel like a hamster on a wheel, doing the same things every day, all day, and yet I never, ever seem to catch a break or get ahead.

There is six of us in somewhat small home, the clutter just can't be beat most days even when I am tossing things left and right. The big kids come home with folders and folders of paper every day from school, one meal and my kitchen is done in, I have to do laundry almost every day to keep up. It does not help that my DH is somewhat of a hoarder and we have piles of paper and stuff just everywhere (I have been slowly going though everything and tossing it while he is at work, but it feels like as I am getting rid of stuff more stuff is coming, it's like it's breeding faster then I can go though it).

To top it all off I am exhasted ALL THE TIME, I don't know what is wrong with me but I could sleep for 16 hours and still feel like I haven't slept enough. I had my labs drawn and everything came back normal, but I always feel like I have pain and I always feel headachy and sleepy.

I just feel like the worlds most unorganized mom, my house is clean but it's a mess and when I walk into other peoples houses I just feel worse about my situation. WE HAVE to get the big kids into their own rooms upstairs, but my husband has those two bedrooms (and the bathroom) so filled with stuff that it will take a month or more of constant work to actually get anywhere with it.

I need Opraha or one of those clutter shows to come in and get rid of all the stuff and give us a home makeover.

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Sassu
Registered Users
seller

Re: I am a mess, and I just don't know what to do anymore...

Maybe I can make you feel a little better...
I've been feeling like this all week and I've only got one kiddo My kitchen looks like a frat house right now. Sigh.
Good luck!
Sassu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
sUpermOm81
Do not B/T with. Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if involved in a transaction.
seller

My Mood:

There are 6 of us here too. Once you get it under control, its easy to maintain.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
AlaskanTigerlilly
Registered Users

My Mood:

There are ladies here who have these WONDERFUL homes. All organized, things put away, great taste in decorating... etc.

Makes me wanna punch 'em .

It's EVERYTHING I can do to just stay on TOP of things in this house. So, I know what you mean. Especially on the hamster bit. People ask what our days are like and I say "rinse and repeat"... or, "same ****, different day".

If it will make you feel better about yourself and your home, I definitely think it's worth investing the time it will take to get those rooms upstairs cleaned. I'm sure it seems daunting now, but think of the relief it'll bring you when it's finished, and you have more room available to you and your family.

I'm gonna put some pressure on ya - take pictures when you're done so we can see your progress and celebrate with ya!
shopping.comSend me a PM if you "thumbs up" me, and I'll return the favor!
AlaskanTigerlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
mom2ls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sUpermOm81 View Post
There are 6 of us here too. Once you get it under control, its easy to maintain.
But HOW? I'm kinda in the same boat, it stresses me out and I feel like I don't get much help. Anyone with advise to chime in would be great! I just can't keep up, I work full time and have 3 boys...5, 3, and 7 mo and a husband who is rarely home....sigh.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
Sassu
Registered Users
seller

Have you heard of fly lady? www.flylady.net
I've heard good things about it - haven't tried it myself yet. I'm a procrastinator. Maybe I'll try it this week. It's a free website about organizing/decluttering/cleaning. It's a step-by-step follow along kind of thing.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
MaxCapacity
Registered Users
Formerly: newfluffma
seller

My Mood:

ME TOO!!! from one disorganized mama w/ a packrat hubby & scores of stupid school papers to another.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Sassu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmomplus1 View Post

To top it all off I am exhasted ALL THE TIME, I don't know what is wrong with me but I could sleep for 16 hours and still feel like I haven't slept enough. I had my labs drawn and everything came back normal, but I always feel like I have pain and I always feel headachy and sleepy.
Meant to ask - have you thought that this might be depression?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

yeah you very well may be depressed. When we were young my mom got depressed and the house went to hell. She is also a hoarder (not like haha kinda funny keep some stuff....like paths through the house needs serious help kinda hoarder) and when she got depressed the hoarding escalated and she is just now digging herself out and it has been 15 years. If you are depressed get that taken care of so you have the energy to do the work. I have a messy house but not overwhelming just very ummmm lived in!

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassu View Post
Have you heard of fly lady? www.flylady.net
I've heard good things about it - haven't tried it myself yet. I'm a procrastinator. Maybe I'll try it this week. It's a free website about organizing/decluttering/cleaning. It's a step-by-step follow along kind of thing.
I was going to recommend the fly lady too.

There are days when I feel like you, we have the same number of people in our family, and there are the rest of the days. Fly lady can help you get it under control! She sends out these emails and at the bottom it always says "You're not behind! Just start where we are!" And that mentality of me always being behind heck I used to have days where I started behind in my mind and trust me that was a set up for bad day!!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote