Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #21
GracieGooseSC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Little boys and their.. "toys" (Maybe TMI?

Again, I just don't know what we are going to do with a boy after three girls. LOL

Advertisement

Mamato Halee (9) Chloe (7) Dalilah (4) Jack Greyson (2) and Baby#5 due in Oct!
GracieGooseSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #22
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
Is he circ'd? Maybe his circ is too tight and when he does get an erection it is hurting him. If he's not circ'd..then I dunno lol
This was my first thought when I read your post.

Last edited by bluemoonbutterfly; 02-07-2011 at 10:17 AM.
bluemoonbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #23
arihillfarm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonbutterfly View Post
This was my first thought when I read your post.
While I think it probably is a circumcision issue, I doubt it's because there's not enough skin at this young age. If that were the case, they'd really be in trouble when puberty hit like two of my exes who had way too much removed as babies. Neither said they had any issues growing up though until things started to "grow".

I'm betting it's because the glans is constantly exposed and no longer protected like it was meant to be. It's the sensation equivalent of a woman's clitoris (since they are the essentially the same structure and have the same number and type of nerve endings) being constantly rubbed directly on underwear, pinched by car seat straps, etc. until the calloused layers build up on the glans and sensation diminishes over time. At the toddler and young boy age, it's probably a combination of a sensitive part not being covered, but not yet desensitized as that happens over many years and the development of language to tell us about it. I've only seen this really in circumcised boys, not intact ones, but it doesn't seem to be related to too much skin being removed, just having sensitive bits hanging out there with no protection.

-Astrid
WAHM to DD 13, DS 6 and DS 3 and I'm a Magic Maker with Off to Neverland Travel, specializing in Disney! Ask me about how to get the vacation of your dreams (Disney or elsewhere) for the best price and service possible at no extra cost to you. "Like" my agency page on Facebook for the latest travel specials!

Last edited by arihillfarm; 02-07-2011 at 11:38 AM.
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #24
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS1 is 3 years old and circed. He never complains that it hurts unless he is strapped into his carseat and has to pee. I know he gets hard when he has to pee really bad since those are the only times I am in there with him fighting him to just go pee so we can leave the house.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #25
alybeth
Registered Users

Just wanted to add that ds is not circ and has said that before as well, so i truly think its just a new sensation that can be hard for them to explain. I mentioned it to the ped and she wasn't concerned at all.
alybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #26
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

i actually think this might be pretty normal. circ'd or not. ds is only 16 months, and he doesn't really talk much yet. but, he has occasionally gotten erections (not often though, but that probably varies depending on the kid) and he generally cries if, say, it happens during a diaper change and i'm trying to put a diaper back over it, or if he's *still* grabbing at it, he cries and looks at it like "why are you doing that?!?" he's not circ'd. it think it's just a weird sensation and they don't know what to do with it or how to describe it.

also, i asked my mom about this, because, seriously, boys. it's ridiculous. he is ALWAYS grabbing at his little boy parts. and it was freaking me out, because i thought maybe it was hurting him or something or he had an infection. but my mom said that my brother used to do the same thing all. the. time. and she said he also used to cry, and when he was older, complain of it hurting, when he got an erection. my brother was circ'd, but i still think it's pretty normal circ'd or not.

and ugh, can i just say, that they start so early with the "fascination" and it just does NOT end! i have to share this story, cause it's hilarious, and no one i know irl would really care to hear it . the other night, we're sitting on the couch, dh on one side, and ds wasn't wearing a diaper and crawled up and sat next to me on the other (he's our only kid, so it's just me and my boys! except the dog, we stick together ). and suddenly i realize that while they're both watching tv, they're also both absentmindedly "readjusting" themselves. although in fairness, for dh, it was more of a scratch, and ds it was more playing but seriously! i was just like "gah! guys! stop it! i'm right here!" and i got 2 frozen "deer in headlight" stares. lol. omg.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #27
EricaLynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liadan23
i actually think this might be pretty normal. circ'd or not. ds is only 16 months, and he doesn't really talk much yet. but, he has occasionally gotten erections (not often though, but that probably varies depending on the kid) and he generally cries if, say, it happens during a diaper change and i'm trying to put a diaper back over it, or if he's *still* grabbing at it, he cries and looks at it like "why are you doing that?!?" he's not circ'd. it think it's just a weird sensation and they don't know what to do with it or how to describe it.

also, i asked my mom about this, because, seriously, boys. it's ridiculous. he is ALWAYS grabbing at his little boy parts. and it was freaking me out, because i thought maybe it was hurting him or something or he had an infection. but my mom said that my brother used to do the same thing all. the. time. and she said he also used to cry, and when he was older, complain of it hurting, when he got an erection. my brother was circ'd, but i still think it's pretty normal circ'd or not.

and ugh, can i just say, that they start so early with the "fascination" and it just does NOT end! i have to share this story, cause it's hilarious, and no one i know irl would really care to hear it . the other night, we're sitting on the couch, dh on one side, and ds wasn't wearing a diaper and crawled up and sat next to me on the other (he's our only kid, so it's just me and my boys! except the dog, we stick together ). and suddenly i realize that while they're both watching tv, they're also both absentmindedly "readjusting" themselves. although in fairness, for dh, it was more of a scratch, and ds it was more playing but seriously! i was just like "gah! guys! stop it! i'm right here!" and i got 2 frozen "deer in headlight" stares. lol. omg.
my ds is constantly playing with his too. He will seriously stretch his foreskin out like an elephant trunk... Ouch?!
EricaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #28
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

I agree with the pp about it being a sensation thing. I don't think it has to do with being circ'd or not. My 2.5yo says the same thing when it happens to him too, but it's not everytime. And he gets them alot!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #29
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Oh my gosh ladies!

I'm terrified that I'm pregnant with a boy this time! LOL

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #30
DocsNemesis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have 2 intact dudes and neither has ever complained of it hurting, BUT I will say this...it really seems to depend on the kid as to how often they have a wood, lol. My older son always seemed to! Every diaper change, anytime he was nakey and touched it at ALL, etc. My younger one I don't think I've ever seen with a full out woodie, though if he has to pee it'll get a kinda...halfway there one. For the record though, my DD grabs at her junk way more than her brother does! Its not just boys!

www.Hyenacart.com/Naked for dyed tee's, flats, yarn, and soon, bamboo prefolds! Stocking 7/20!
DocsNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote