Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
maliroo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Any opinions on a bike trailer/stroller??

Thinking of purchasing a Chariot Cougar 2 OR a Burley D'lite.... Any experience with these? Any other great brands out there? I like the idea that Burley has reclining seats...
I live in a town with no bike shops so can not go check them out. I will have to order online.
Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any opinions on a bike trailer/stroller??

From my friend who used to work at a bike shop, Burley is the best brand in bike trailers. I'm not familiar with the particular models, though.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
rah0315
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love my Cougar 1, haven't used it for biking yet as DD is only 4.5 mo. We stroll/run with it and I love it. We got the infant supporter thing, and it seems to work pretty well. They're on sale now at REI for 20% off too.
rah0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
Len27
Registered Users
seller

I have the Burley Honey Bee and we love it. The Chariots are quite a bit more money than the Burley, so for us the Burley was a lot more reasonable considering we are definitely just casual recreational bikers, nothing hardcore. I have the stroller attachment as well and it converts from stroller to bike in literally seconds, very easy.
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I have a Chariot 2. We LOVE it!! It is hands down the best stroller ever. You won't regret getting one. We have the jogging kit, stroller kit, and bike kit. I love that you can use it for so many things. It handles like a dream with the stroller kit; we always take it to Disney World and Disneyland when we go and it's amazing in the crowds.

We've had it for over 5 years, and it has had heavy use, and is still pretty much like new.

Another cool thing about it, is because of the way the seats are laid out, we have been able to put 4 kids in it, 2 in the back and 2 in the front, easy, but in general we only have my three kids, so we put 2 in the back and sit the toddler in the middle on their laps. I'd never do that if we were using it as a bike stroller, but at Disneyland I think it's OK.

Also, you can put blankets in the bottom, and it's like a huge rolling bed if someone gets sleepy. The back storage is plenty big enough for a MT and a wrap, plus all the other diaper and baby stuff you need. It has a great sun shade and rain cover.

I can't say enough good things about it.