Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #21
DocsNemesis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Positive thoughts for my son PLEASE (explicit pics)

I know why, but I doubt anyone would hold anything against you in light of this.

Your poor little guy!! How is he doing today? Thank goodness you were there-and so close-when it happened. So scary

I hope they're giving him some good pain meds, poor thing!

Advertisement

www.Hyenacart.com/Naked for dyed tee's, flats, yarn, and soon, bamboo prefolds! Stocking 7/20!
DocsNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #22
Outnumbered
Registered Users

My Mood:

OMG! Hugs to you and your little man. I just can't even imagine! Seriously, don't feel guilty, don't beat yourself up. Sometimes these things 'just happen.' And you may want to rethink the cat too. Ours attacked dd once when she was just learning to pull herself up. He's as sweet as can be. Mellow. And I've had him for 9 years. He only has one eye though because he was hit by a car several years ago. I think dd got in his blind spot (he can still see shadows) and he just kind of freaked out because he knew she was coming at him, but didn't realize she was just the baby. He swiped her face. I would just wait it out.

Poor guy...my heart hurts just reading this...let alone looking at the pictures. Stay strong.

Come Swag with me!
Outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #23
Magpiedpiper
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm so sorry for your son. Poor little guy. My daughter is his age so I can't even imagine.

Had your dog gotten better about its aggression toward your son? I know you had posted that she was showing aggression toward your son once he started moving around, but you were training her.
If $25 can buy a child for a night, it can also give a child a safe home for a month. Love146 safehomes enable restoration through safe housing, therapy, nutrition, medical care, education...and something every child needs, a home full of love and care.
Magpiedpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #24
Rebelsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommybird View Post
I'm so sorry for you and your son, what a terrible ordeal. I wish him a speedy recovery.

My mother has 2 dogs, they are smaller dogs, but could do damage to a small child for sure. She insists that they are not a problem for my children because they are friendly dogs and they've never hurt a child before. I was wondering if I could use this post to show her that no animal is "safe" for small children.
Please do, that's what it's for.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #25
Rebelsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpiedpiper View Post
I'm so sorry for your son. Poor little guy. My daughter is his age so I can't even imagine.

Had your dog gotten better about its aggression toward your son? I know you had posted that she was showing aggression toward your son once he started moving around, but you were training her.
Se growled at him a handful of times for things that were 'growl-worthy' (sticking his finger in her eye for eg.) but most of the time just slept on our bed and never really bothered him. She was EXTREAMLY well-trained. I think she was just getting old and jealous possibly.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #26
Rebelsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsNemesis View Post
I know why, but I doubt anyone would hold anything against you in light of this.

Your poor little guy!! How is he doing today? Thank goodness you were there-and so close-when it happened. So scary

I hope they're giving him some good pain meds, poor thing!
There giving him tylonal 3 and antibiotics. He is doing ALOT better.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #27
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by mamaktee; 08-20-2010 at 12:37 PM.
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #28
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaktee View Post
I was going to say jealousy after I read that he was coming towards you and your DH for lovin. I am so sad for you mama...

Also not sure if this is just my opinion, but I think it was wrong what happened to you here and you should not feel unwelcome. I always thought you gave great advice and I valued your opinions.
I agree with you 'mamaktee'.

I have read a handful or your posts mama and you've given great advice and sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders and would never intentionally cause ANY harm to your lo! Hang in there and hugs to you again! Keep that baby as comfy as possible.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #29
mbleblanc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom&dad have a springer spaniel and a black lab. The black lab wouldnt hurt a fly but the spaniel has attacked the paperboy (6 yr old) he only got his bag but it could have been much worse. He growls at my son when he comes around his dog crate and growls at him whenever he comes to close. Of course my parents are always saying "he's fine" & "he would never hurt him"

Needless to say I will NEVER let that dog around my son again. Your poor little guy As soon as I saw the picture I burst out crying! You & your husband did a great job at getting him to safty and made the right choice about putting the dog down.

I dont know why you wouldnt be welcome on here but I really hope you update us on how your son is doing. I will send my positive thoughts your way! Hang in there Mama
Old 05-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #30
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Oh mama, my heart is breaking for you and your sweet little boy. I am so sorry y'all had to experience this, and I'm so glad (understatement) that you were right there in the room when this happened.

I had to have my dog put to sleep when Henry was right at a year old, because she suddenly became aggressive to him, out of the blue. Same thing, I was right there and stopped it, but it could have been ugly. We got off easy, and there was no blood involved, but you just never know. My dog was an 8 year old rescue that had been with me for over 6 years, with no dog or people aggression, ever. You could stick your hand in her bowl when she was eating, she was that gentle. The bottom line is, they are animals and therefore always unpredictable, no matter how long you have known them.

Try, TRY not to beat yourself up about this. You did what you could and your little boy is going to come through this just fine, I'm sure. Please keep us posted - I will be sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Take care of yourself.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote