Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #31
BootyGold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: at what point do you say it is TOO hot for LO's to be outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyloo View Post
haha! 49 would be wonderful if that was the coldest NY got! I couldn't handle 107 though. I'd have a heat stroke. lol
I grew up in Buffalo, I hear ya

I'm a southern transplant though...weather man is predicting 102 on Friday Took me over 10 years to get used to this kind of heat. I swear I thought all of my enzymes were breaking down in weather over 90 when I first moved to the south.

DS gets hot really quick. And he sweats like a pig, poor little guy. I really can't take cues from him cause he'd stay outside til he passed out from a heat stroke.

We try and go outside early in the day and later in the day to try and avoid the sun.

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #32
dshoop
Registered Users

My Mood:

Reading everyones responses sound so crazy to me right now. I'm in southern Oregon and it's still not felt like summer yet. It's suppose to be rainy for the next week or so. We do get hot summers days sometimes in the 100's, but mostly 85-90's mid to end of summer. My kids come inside when they get too warm. But on hot days they're playing in water anyways. We keep our house comfortable at about 70-72 in the summer, so its WONDERFUL.
dshoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #33
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Around here by the time we hit the 80's we are getting air quality warnings so the kids are stuck inside most of the summer. We will go out some really early to jump on the trampoline or play in the sprinkler but then it is inside. Between the sun, the heat, the air quality and then the mosquitoes it is hard to find time to be outside in the summer, even the late spring and early fall really. I have lived in Tx since I was about 3 and still hate it.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #34
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennamathis View Post
My mom is always shocked when I tell her the kids are outside playing when its in the 20s and 30s here...it made me when we went to Florida a couple years ago and I saw kids wearing parkas at the bus stop when it was in the mid 40s..heck, my kids are still wearing light jackets when its in the 40s

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyloo View Post
haha! 49 would be wonderful if that was the coldest NY got! I couldn't handle 107 though. I'd have a heat stroke. lol
I don't like the heat too much but I am from central cali, The humidity though makes me feel really sick and turns my face very red.
It is 90* here right now and barely 1:30pm. We will be hitting 100* soon enough and where I'm at, we reach and exceed 105* throughout the summer, I can't stand when it gets to 110* and up. I think last year, the highest my car read was 112* in the middle of the day, my car was under a carport too, I don't look foward to the heat though.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #35
angbaby1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we stay out of the midday sun as much as we can, or the sun overall to be honest but when the temps hit the 90 mark (rarley here) we forgoe outside and keep it cool inside
Old 05-31-2010, 06:54 PM   #36
jessesgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: jesses
seller

My Mood:

Low 30's cold-wise...heat wise, as long as there's water, we will tolerate a LOT, easily 100+ temperatures. It's humid, sticky and nasty, but water tends to make it a LOT easier to deal with He's an outdoor bug with AMAZING skin complexion, so I don't worry about much as far as him getting burned or too hot. If he gets too hot, he tells me and we go in.

Visit Jaleigh Bean Bowtique on the WAHM boards! Also, visit my fan page!

Last edited by jessesgirl; 05-31-2010 at 06:56 PM.
jessesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #37
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I live in South /Central Alabama... and like the rest of the South... it not only gets HOT but very humid too which makes it worse. But that being said... there is never a certain temp that we stay inside. We go outside in any temperature. The only thing that keeps us inside is a lightning storm! We've had some summers where actual temp will reach 100-109 in late July early August. We just take proper precautions such as staying hydrated, finding shade when needed, and resting/cooling off when someone shows signs of being too hot. I worked in the garden with my youngest in a sling when he was 5 months old in 95-102 degree days. He nursed A LOT, I drank lots of water, and I had a battery operated clip on fan clipped to the slig for him to cool him and also keep mosquitos away!
Heat is not a problem as long as you drink lots of water and rest in the shade when needed!
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote