Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #11
5IrishBabes
Registered Users
Formerly: FeliciaM07
seller

Re: Cloth & vacation

I guess I'm in the minority here. We drove from Ma. to Fl and back in April plus spent 2+ weeks being gone. I did sposies. We did have a washer in our condo but, for us it was easier. My Mom isn't a big cloth diaper fan and she was changing a ton of diapers. Hubby will change them but, isn't a huge fan either. Plus space was was pretty tight in our car with 7 people plus toys and clothes so packing my stash wasn't really possible. It did make me very excited to get home to our fluffies though, lol. In hindsight I could have bought a couple gdiaper covers and flushables and at least done those half the time.
It's totally up to you, I could have done it but, went with sposies instead and I don't feel bad about it.

Advertisement

5IrishBabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #12
ATallGiraffe
Registered Users
Formerly: janny17
seller
seller

I am hard core cloth too & if anything, I have used the GroBaby biosoakers. However, even when I bring those along, I just end up using my cloth diapers because I love them so much! I just bring along a ton of wet bags & put the inserts in one bag & the covers in another bag so they are not together. (I like pockets & AI2's)

I also found it helped to rinse them out. I know my friend hand washes her cloth diapers when they are away & it works great. I will try that next time we are gone for a while.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
canalian
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would use disposables or Flip with the disposable inserts...or similar if I were on a road trip not knowing where or how I would be washing. I use some cloth when travelling if I am headed to a relative's house.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #14
ShyViolet
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For me it would depend on the length of trip. We've only gone away for 3-4 days at a time and I have enough diapers to last me so I don't have to wash until I'm home. I made myself a huge zippered wetbag for the dirties and use my drawstring pail liner for all the clean ones. I threw tons of dry cloth wipes in with the diapers and just wet them as needed. I carry sposie wipes in the diaper bag for when there's no sink access.

ShyViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
brennan
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think its all about you and what you feel comfortable with. I never like to have dd in a sposie (in fact her first one was 2? days ago, and she's in one now, we're having MAJOR rash issues) so I have done it, every trip we take (and we travel a lot). But if you don't think that you can do it, then so be it. I like the idea of gdiapers or flips etc etc with a disposable liner because that's a good compramise. Or something simple like flats/prefolds in a pul cover would work great because you could hand wash the pul covers. But you can do it, I've never had a problem. I don't really find that they smell if I get rid of the poop. You could use the flushable liners to get rid of the poop easy.

Hope you have a good trip!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #16
lexmas
Registered Users
seller

We're going to Disney World a lot in the coming year (we're getting Annual Passes, and plan to take advantage of that) and we're using covers with stay dry microfiber inserts...I had some custom made from chelory so they'll hand wash easily and hang dry in a flash!) I'm just going to hand wash and dry in the room. If that gets to be too much, I can use the laundry facilities, but I'm sure hand washing will be fine, I used to do it in my apartment from time to time when I didn't feel like going out to do the laundry!
Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #17
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

We'll be taking two week long trips in the next two months with one full time and one night diapered kiddo. I'm planning on flats and covers and some prefolds stuffed in pockets. They are just too easy to use and hand wash for me to purchase some sposies. The wetbag doesn't smell and I will use some liners for easy cleanups.
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #18
jchammonds
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't traveled with cloth, yet, but I'm planning to. We're taking a week long trip this summer. Here's my plan: We have about 70 pockets/AIO's/AI2's and I'm going to take them all - I think that's enough to get through the entire week. Every couple of days I'm going to do quick washes in the coin-operated washer & dryer to get rid of stink, but I don't plan to reuse the diapers. Then, when I get home, I'll wash them all again with our regular wash routine, maybe even strip with Dawn. We'll have our fitteds left that we can use while I'm washing the pockets.

Spot's Listings - Newborn / Small Wool and Diapers
jchammonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #19
corrielainedd
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we went to Denver for 2 weeks, and instead of packing a suite case just for diapers, and stripping my parents washer.... I traded and bought Gdiapers, and disposable inserts. Its not the cheapes way, but was convenient. They worked for us for night with 2 inserts (actually, I would cut one in half, and use a whole and a half under in the soaking area). I used larges for DD, and found that there was less waist of the sposie insert with small inserts, and they are cheaper for more.

I got extra snap in liners, as the shells dont often get poopy, so I would just have to wash liners (which could be done by hand if their isnt a machine around).

I have a bunch of Larges if you want some
SAHM/WAHM to DD1 born Nov. 20, '08, and DD2 Oct. 12, '10. Expecting #3 end of Jan 2015 (team green) wifey to my wonderful DH !
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cor...20931291290000
corrielainedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #20
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the Gro Baby Biosoakers. Planning on using those for a trip (flying not driving though). I might bring some regular inserts and flushable liners depending on if we have a washer or not.