Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: taking an infant to a movie?

Babies that little just sleep and nurse through movies. At least that's what my son did. When he got a little older he'd watch the first part and then nurse and sleep through the rest.

Advertisement

GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #12
nkdmkmom
Registered Users

My son was quite a bit older when we tried - about 3 months old, but he was sensitive to the noise level and cried immediately. I just took him out, and let the rest of the family watch the movie while I walked the mall.
nkdmkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #13
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS went to his firstt movie at a few weeks old. I just went in a little early and nursed him to sleep. The one movie we got there a little later into the previews he was a bit harder to settle, but once he did he was great the whole movie.

BTW none of the theaters in my area have any rules for babies in the theaters.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Absolutely take her! Will went to the movies with dh and I until he was 8 months old. He would just nurse and then fall asleep during it. I held him or had him in a sling the entire time. I loved it...I could sit next to my dh and snuggle my little man.

Funny story, when we went to 1 movie when he was 7 months old the theatre was pretty full. A lot of the people came in after we got there. When it was over and we were walking out they all were surprised to find out there was a baby in there.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbean02 View Post
i wouldnt do it. i think movie theater movies are too loud for babies (they are even too loud for me sometimes).

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #16
brianpieper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

QUOTE=stringbean02;10365457]i wouldnt do it. i think movie theater movies are too loud for babies (they are even too loud for me sometimes).[/QUOTE]

[
brianpieper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #17
tasbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took mine to movies when they were tiny. My DD slept through a few movies as a small baby with no problems. DS was a fussier baby and I wound up missing half a movie one time because I had to go out to the lobby with him.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #18
carsonsmommy1108
Registered Users
seller

If you have a relatively calm baby, I would totally do it. We never did with Carson because he was a SUPER fussy little thing (turned out he had a dairy allergy so he was fussy all.the.time because he had an upset tummy) and I knew he would just cry the whole time, since he just cried all the time anywhere we were lol so for us it was not an option, but I've gone with my cousin and her little boy when he was tiny, and he was the most chilled out baby, he just slept/nursed the whole time and didn't make a peep.
carsonsmommy1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #19
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

I saw a couple ladies with strollers going to an afternoon matinee at the mall I was working at... the theatre didn't have a problem with it.

I've also noticed that the theatres in our city offer special showings for people with babies (one calls it Stars & Strollers, one calls it Movies For Mommies... they are on specific times and the sound isn't as loud as normal).
For example - one theatre is showing Prince of Persia and Sex & The City this week, their Stars & Strollers day is wednesday at 1pm... and you get $2 off regular admission price. The other one is our "cheap theatre" showing movies that have already left the other theatres (2nd run I think it's called) and is showing Alice and Wonderland this week, thursday at 1pm.
I would probably prefer to see a movie with baby in tow this way, rather than at a regular movie time in the evening, but that's just me.

I've thought about it... especially with DD getting older, I'd love to take her to an afternoon matinee but we have a newborn now and I wasn't sure. (we're taking her to the circus tomorrow, and leaving DS with my parents... but I'm not sure if a movie would be different)

Last edited by katesmash; 05-28-2010 at 09:37 PM.
katesmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #20
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't know.. I don't think I would do it. I think it would be too loud, however, I remember at church sometimes our worship band got REALLY loud with the drums and all, so I don't know..
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote