Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #21
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: taking an infant to a movie?

We brought DS3 into all kinds of movies until he started trying to interact with the movie, and just generally becoming noisy. That was at 10 months.

As an infant, he was either in my Kozy or in his carseat asleep. I nursed in the theater numerous times.

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2010, 06:35 AM   #22
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We took DS to see the new Chipmunk movie when DD was just 4 days old. She only fussed once and that was because she woke up and was hungry, so a quick boob in the mouth eased all of our troubles

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #23
MaeghanAlyson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took Layla several times as an infant. I put her in my sling and she was good to go. SHe was 2 weeks old at her first movie. If she started to fuss I nursed her. We sat in the back in the corner and went to an earlier showing so there wouldnt be many people. The noise didnt bother her one bit. If it got really loud, I would just lay my hand over her ear. Since she was asleep on my chest in a sling the other ear was covered. lol
MaeghanAlyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #24
crunch!910
Registered Users

I neve rhave, because I've always felt it is rude to take babies to movie theater. That means if we want to go out, we must leave him with a trusted friend or family member. I'd never ever take a baby to a theater. Pre-baby, I remember SOO many times hearing babies cry and it just ticked me off. It seemed like everyone woudl turn around, glare, and hope the mom would shut the baby up, but by that point you'd already missed a whole conversation in the movie!! First, I'd never want to be that disrespectful, second, I'd never want peopling turning around and glaring at me.

It being a morning movie might not be as bad as it shouldn't be as full, but I feel that people going to watch morning movies deserve just as much respect as those watching them in the evening, so I still would not take a baby.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #25
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I neve rhave, because I've always felt it is rude to take babies to movie theater. That means if we want to go out, we must leave him with a trusted friend or family member. I'd never ever take a baby to a theater. Pre-baby, I remember SOO many times hearing babies cry and it just ticked me off. It seemed like everyone woudl turn around, glare, and hope the mom would shut the baby up, but by that point you'd already missed a whole conversation in the movie!! First, I'd never want to be that disrespectful, second, I'd never want peopling turning around and glaring at me.

It being a morning movie might not be as bad as it shouldn't be as full, but I feel that people going to watch morning movies deserve just as much respect as those watching them in the evening, so I still would not take a baby.
Obviously I disagree. It doesn't say babies are not allowed. If a baby starts to fuss/cry then it is the parents responsibility to take them out of the theatre, but if you have a baby that doesn't then there isn' a problem taking them.

I could not be away from Will for that length of a time since he is breastfed and he doesn't take a bottle. There were quite a few movies we wanted to see in the theatre, so we took him. He either slept or nursed.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #26
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

I wish mine was still itty bitty so I could take her with me to a movie again lol. She is 11.5 months old and she wouldn't stay quiet during one if I begged her lol. But, when she was little I took her a few times (4 or 5 come to mind). I think for her first one she was like 2 months old and her last one she was around 5 months old. She slept the entire time during all of them. Hope you enjoy the movie. I have to wait for DH to watch DD so I can go see it. I'm getting VERY impatient!
Old 05-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #27
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
Obviously I disagree. It doesn't say babies are not allowed. If a baby starts to fuss/cry then it is the parents responsibility to take them out of the theatre, but if you have a baby that doesn't then there isn' a problem taking them.

I could not be away from Will for that length of a time since he is breastfed and he doesn't take a bottle. There were quite a few movies we wanted to see in the theatre, so we took him. He either slept or nursed.
Yep My DD always slept or nursed during them too. SATC2 will be the first movie I've been too w/o DD and I am quite nervous because she still won't take a sippy cup and nurses every 3 hours. The movie is 2.5 hours long and I will probably have an hour of driving. I also think it is rude when parents stay in the theatre with a crying baby. I buy my ticket knowing that I will willing leave if DD fusses. I took her with me to see New Moon and it was so funny because nobody would sit in the empty seats next to us. I'm guessing because of her. Then at the end of the movie I had so many people coming up and telling me how good she was.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:09 PM   #28
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post

Trust me. It's the toddlers that make all the noise.

I have taken all of my newborns in slings, made sure they were asleep before going in, sat on an aisle seat "just in case", and nursed them BEFORE they made a peep. After the movies people would express surprise (they always thought I had a broken arm ) and mention how they never hear them. That's because they never cried!

As for the noise factor, the sling muffled the sound substantially (padded) and I helped out by putting my hand over their ears.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #29
CrazedChris
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For babies, I think the early movies are better, thats when more families go. I have taken my babies to the movies. Some did fine, some did not, it just depends on the baby.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:33 AM   #30
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Trust me. It's the toddlers that make all the noise.

I have taken all of my newborns in slings, made sure they were asleep before going in, sat on an aisle seat "just in case", and nursed them BEFORE they made a peep. After the movies people would express surprise (they always thought I had a broken arm ) and mention how they never hear them. That's because they never cried!

As for the noise factor, the sling muffled the sound substantially (padded) and I helped out by putting my hand over their ears.
Nope, the times *I'M* remembering are newborns and under 4 months that would just start wailing during a quiet conversation in the movie. Maybe if you have a quiet baby that doesn't cry much, sure. I just know I could have never taken DS. He was colicky and cried a lot, and if he started crying, I'd feel very, very bad for being so disrespectful. I'm just extra sensitive to other's feelings.

That, and the noise factor. Too loud.

But, I do believe we already had a thread like this, and I think the majority expressed my same concerns and agreed babies shouldn't be in theaters. So, I'll leave it be.