Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2010, 04:30 AM   #11
hanhtam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Life with toddler??

At my house, daddy stuffs are way messier than the toddler because he won't allow me to throw his stuffs away and yeah, his stuffs are everywhere.

Advertisement

hanhtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:12 AM   #12
Sigrid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your totally not alone! I am right here with you! I have a 3 year old and now a 3.5 month old and most of our house is usually a disaster. I ran around cleaning last night after they were in bed because we are having guests today! I was amazed how much I was able to do in 1.5 hours and it looks so nice now, just wait until the toddler wakes up though...
Old 05-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #13
honeydomehlon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Most of the time I just stand and look like , "how do I even begin to clean this up?" its neve really that bad once you begin...all these kids toys just get thrown into a general toy compartment anyway but it looks like a comeplete disaster.

I generally bathe my toddler and put her to bed so I ask my hubby to kindly have her toys picked up when I come out. That is always helpful, easier to breathe when there is less of a mess.
honeydomehlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #14
Sassu
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies! You made me feel better about myself I guess I'll just have to learn how to cope with the mess and minimize it where I can. One of my friends told me that for her, one of the biggest adjustments after having kids was learning to live with/manage a messy house. That's what she misses about her pre-baby life - a spotless home! I suppose there are some folks out there who have both but I don't have time for that - embrace the chaos!
Sassu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #15
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

i hear ya. i really sympathize. i am single with an almost 10 year old, 5 1/2 year old, and 2 1/2 year old. Some days I shoo them outside just to prevent them from destroying the house AGAIN. I will have 2 extras full-time in 2 weeks and my head is spinning just thinkng about it. Just remember that it won't last forever. And you aren't the only one.

And by the way, the moms with spotless houses are USUALLY the moms who hire someone to come clean for them or the moms who spend very very little time with their kids because they spend hours cleaning. I don't want to be that mom. So I'm okay with toy clutter. The house is clean, just clluttered with kid stuff.

Last edited by 3rockstars; 05-30-2010 at 09:49 AM.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote