Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #21
Skittle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nathan's natural (miltary) hospital birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmama2 View Post
Great story! Congrats! I am due in Sept and am delivering at a military hospital-I too am planning a natural delivery. I am scared to death to delivery with the military hospital, but hearing a wonderful story helps put me at ease.
No need to be scared mama Choose your provider carefully and have a birth plan. Did you think about having a doula? I love doulas (not that I'm one myself, by I had one when having my DD)

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #22
AmandaRenee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope my birth experience at our Military hospital is even HALF as awesome as yours was! Congrats!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #23
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Skittle-We do have a wonderful doula, who's son is in the militsry so she somewhat understands military life. We had a doula for my last pregnancy, but that wasn't a great experience. I mostly see the MW-I have seen several other providers as well, esp when I was in the hosp for an appendectomy. Most of them make me crazy, but I don't let the negative things they say get to me. We have our birth plan, and are going into this delivery with a lot of knowledge so we will be able to make the best decisions for me and the new baby. I am hoping to not have too much interactions with the staff and plan to stay home for the first part of labor so hopefully that will help. I am just scared because we have a son with special health needs and because of peoples ignorance and lack of responsibility, his condition has gotten much worse from having to deal with the mil hospital. Nothing good so far, has come out of the pedi clinic and I just hope the L&D Center is s little better!
Nikki-mama to 3 little miracles that complete me. 3 BOYS M-10/06 (my Invitro baby) J-3/09 (my LO that keeps me on my toes) and J-9/10 (my totally unexpected miracle that completed our family) Proud Air Force wife to M.
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #24
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRenee View Post
I hope my birth experience at our Military hospital is even HALF as awesome as yours was! Congrats!
Me too! Here's wishing you a wonderful delivery. My dh tells me not to let anyone near me that has bars on their shoulders for their rank because they are still residents/students-lol. (We're AF)
Nikki-mama to 3 little miracles that complete me. 3 BOYS M-10/06 (my Invitro baby) J-3/09 (my LO that keeps me on my toes) and J-9/10 (my totally unexpected miracle that completed our family) Proud Air Force wife to M.
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #25
lovemybabies924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

awesome! thats pretty much exactly how i want my next birth to go!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #26
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesome story mama...thank you thank you for sharing...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #27
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Great story! Congrats! I am due in Sept and am delivering at a military hospital-I too am planning a natural delivery. I am scared to death to delivery with the military hospital, but hearing a wonderful story helps put me at ease.
Quote:
I mostly see the MW-I have seen several other providers as well, esp when I was in the hosp for an appendectomy. Most of them make me crazy, but I don't let the negative things they say get to me. We have our birth plan, and are going into this delivery with a lot of knowledge so we will be able to make the best decisions for me and the new baby. I am hoping to not have too much interactions with the staff and plan to stay home for the first part of labor so hopefully that will help. I am just scared because we have a son with special health needs and because of peoples ignorance and lack of responsibility, his condition has gotten much worse from having to deal with the mil hospital. Nothing good so far, has come out of the pedi clinic and I just hope the L&D Center is s little better!

I was moving when you were posting this so didn't see it till now. I hope your upcoming delivery goes well! I think the success and satisfaction from my labor and delivery came from having a great provider. I did see one a few weeks before who i wanted to slap, basically told me i'd be killing my baby if i didn't induce at 39 weeks b/c i was a gestational diabetic (and was NOT measuring large and baby was doing excellent on NSTs). ALL of the L&D nurses were very supportive of my decision to labor naturally so hopefully that will be the case for you too. I didn't once feel like i had to fight to get what i wanted/didn't want.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:22 PM   #28
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awesome uplifting story!!!

He is so cute!! congrats!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:08 AM   #29
charisma7
Registered Users

Well done! I hear it's hard to have an unmedicated birth in a military hospital.
charisma7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #30
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

soo beautiful. God Bless