Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:02 AM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
Re: My DS talks "like a sailor"... HELP!

Originally Posted by HaileysMommy View Post
Could you turn fut into foot and "s" into sit? Like act like you don't know what he's saying lol DD has a huge vocab but I can't imagine dirty words coming outta that sweet lil mouth.
That's what I did last night after he said it. I was like "foot?! What's wrong with your foot?!" I haven't heard it since.

Originally Posted by flutterbabies View Post
Another thing to try is to say silly words when you slam on the brakes or something. That way he will just be saying silly words. And I agree with pp to ignore the naughty words because drawing any attention to it will likely make it worst.
Luckily, we moved out of the city and to a small town this last weekend so my road rage will be less! We walk here. And I have started doing that!

Originally Posted by Weecycled Woolies View Post
Dude, my son is 21 mos. and only says about 5 words. I can't imagine if any of them were swear words!

The obvious answer would be to watch your mouth
I know the OBVIOUS answer is to stop, but the thing is we don't swear like that ourselves.. yes I'm guilty for saying the "s" word in traffic before but as far as the other stuff we don't talk like that. It's just words he's heard and the only thing I can think of would be tv. My DH doesn't have the best judgement when it comes to the tv and our toddler. He thinks because he's in the room playing that he doesn't hear it. So I told him this morning no more and he agreed.

However, for another thread... it's amazing how many swear words you can hear on the tv in an day let alone an hour even!

Laurie. Mother of 2 crazy boys! Wife of 1 crazy husband! Pink Papaya Consultant! Natural home spa and beauty products you'll love!
Crew&West is offline   Reply With Quote