Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
Mommy Erin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not wanting to let go....

...of my stash!!! I'm okay with selling items that didn't work out for me...but when it comes to selling the dipes I loved I am really quite torn!!

I could really use the money and the newborn XS Bumgenius have been sitting unused for weeks now. I'm not 100% sure I will have another babe but at this time I'm pretty sure I do want another. DS#3 is only 6 weeks so it will be quite some time before we even start TTC, *IF* I don't change my mind by then.

I know I can always get more and if I have a girl next time I would definitely want to since these are all "boy" colours. The thing that is making it hard is knowing that the brights that BG made are soon to be gone and I can't predict how easy it will be to find them!!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE ribbit and moonbeam for my little guy and I know if I had another boy I would definitely want these in the mix...or even want the lot to be made up of these exclusively since they are the ones I am reaching for most! Likewise, if I have a girl I know Zinnia will be at the top of the list!

If anyone else feeling my pain?!

Advertisement

Mommy Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
beesbaby2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Not wanting to let go....

Yep, I even got some xs free AIOs for the next baby, who will not be conceived for 6 months or more! I figured they are free, and I can sell them if I don't use them. I will have to sell the girly ones if we have a boy.

I would keep them unless you really need the money!

DD1 10/06, DD2 3/09, and a BOY due 4/4/2012!
beesbaby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Aleta
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would sell them... you'd have to store really well for elastic and PUL to last if you're going to wait awhile. And there will probably be something equally cute and adorable when new baby comes.
Aleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
PureBliss
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup, I'm in the same boat. If it works and I loved it, I cannot let it go.
I say keep them, I think bg is discontinuing their ribbit and moonbeam colors. You'll be mad later at yourself.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
ckck
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd sell. There will always be something else

An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.
― Mahatma Gandhi
ckck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

i'm feeling this way about all of dd's things. I am pretty sure we won't have another for several reasons (among those reasons, it took 6 yrs ttc to have her, I'm over 40, and I could have died having her - liver and kidney failure). A relative is due in August and it only makes sense for me to pass on things to her but I so carefully researched and chose all the items I've chosen specifically for my dd and I am having a terrible time deciding what to part with. And I;m in terrible denial about parting with some favorite cd's that she will outgrow after only using a short time. Uuuugh, why must you outgrow the sbish so fast???????
Old 05-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #7
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only had a couple newborn diapers, and I kept them, lol, I gave them to my 2 year olds for their dolls, yup their dolls have a nice stash
Jennifer, wife to Joel. Mother to 3 amazing girls: my adorable twins Justice and Juliette (8-07), and my cutie baby girl Jocelyn (9-09) We are a ing,ing, BFing, BWing family of 5 J's...soon to be 6 FSOT yarn and wool
pinknpurfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinknpurfect View Post
I only had a couple newborn diapers, and I kept them, lol, I gave them to my 2 year olds for their dolls, yup their dolls have a nice stash
I'm keeping all dd's preemie clothes for one of her dolls that MIL specifically bought to fit the preemie clothes. I'm saving a couple of the outfits as keepsakes, but the rest of the preemie stuff dd will get to play with.

Newborn cd's are so cute. If I had cd'd then I'd save those too.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #9
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by divabeadz View Post
I'm keeping all dd's preemie clothes for one of her dolls that MIL specifically bought to fit the preemie clothes. I'm saving a couple of the outfits as keepsakes, but the rest of the preemie stuff dd will get to play with.

Newborn cd's are so cute. If I had cd'd then I'd save those too.
Yeah, I kept at least one outfit for each of my girls in a memory box. I pulled them out and it is cute to see what fit the twins at birth compared to what fit Jocelyn, the twins were so tiny.
Jennifer, wife to Joel. Mother to 3 amazing girls: my adorable twins Justice and Juliette (8-07), and my cutie baby girl Jocelyn (9-09) We are a ing,ing, BFing, BWing family of 5 J's...soon to be 6 FSOT yarn and wool
pinknpurfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't even attempted to sell any of DD's newbie stash yet. I'm thinking about holding on to it since we want another baby relatively soon, and if we have a girl I'd love to reuse all of her dipes/wool.

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote