View Poll Results: What would you choose for a "next step" stroller?
Jogging stroller 7 63.64%
Wagon 2 18.18%
Other (please explain) 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:47 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If your child was outgrowing a stroller but still young...

What would be your next step if you were NOT concerned about size?

I should add that I HATE absolutely HATE small tires on strollers so whatever I get has to have big wheels!

ETA: I will just be using it to go for walks, parks, rarely mall shopping (very rare) and so on. We don't really use a stroller THAT often but when you need it you need it. KWIM?

Advertisement

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 06-02-2010 at 06:49 AM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
mommyto2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If your child was outgrowing a stroller but still young...

for walks we use a jogging stroller for my youngest.....she's 3 and almost 40lbs,

her sister can fit in it also....she's over 40 lbs (46 I think) and a tall 5 year old, she normally doesn't get to ride in it though
Old 06-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
fel4jesus
Registered Users

Well, I can only speak from experience. I got the Phil & Ted's double sport stroller a few years back. It was a huge splurge for me. We buy everything on deep discount or buy used. I got the stroller when I had a 2 yr old and a 6 month old. It has been worth every cent I paid. We now have one more child to use it with as well. My (now) 5 yr old can still ride in it and she doesn't mind at all. My older kids play ball and we get it out at the ball fields, shop with it, take it on walks, etc. A wagon is great, but a stroller is more convenient. Besides, the P&T stroller wheel can be locked to use as a jogging stroller as well.
fel4jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
jlcohen
Registered Users

My Mood:

Both!

I love taking the kids in a wagon ride around the block or to a nearby park. But after a while it does get heavy to pull.

I love my jogging stroller because it's much easier to push the kids in it for longer outtings.

I can't see my life without either, lol!

co-sleeping, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, extended rear-facing, cloth diapering, delayed vaccinating, part-time working mama of three sweet peas
jlcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #5
jlcohen
Registered Users

My Mood:

Double post...

co-sleeping, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, extended rear-facing, cloth diapering, delayed vaccinating, part-time working mama of three sweet peas
jlcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #6
sbolen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, we have one of each.
We have a wagon for quick trips to the park, jogging stroller with big wheels for outdoor walks that are longer, and a "car stroller" which is a small umbrella stroller with small wheels for the mall or whatever.

So, get a stroller with big wheels but keep the stroller with small wheels as your backup or car stroller!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #7
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have both too.
Wagons are nice for short trips & if the child will walk some & ride some. And in my case, daycare kids. I need something that can seat 5-6 kids at once. It's amazing how they all get tired of walking at the exact same time! Lol!
For my personal use, we have a BOB. Man, I love that thing! Big tires, easy turning, comfort for my guy, perfect hight handle, shocks for plush ride, cupholders for both him & I. It was pricey but we use it at least twice a day on non-daycare days and at least once after dinner on daycare days. We live right off a bike trail that goes either out into the countryside, or to a lake by a playground park.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
Maverick's Mama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fel4jesus View Post
Well, I can only speak from experience. I got the Phil & Ted's double sport stroller a few years back. It was a huge splurge for me. We buy everything on deep discount or buy used. I got the stroller when I had a 2 yr old and a 6 month old. It has been worth every cent I paid. We now have one more child to use it with as well. My (now) 5 yr old can still ride in it and she doesn't mind at all. My older kids play ball and we get it out at the ball fields, shop with it, take it on walks, etc. A wagon is great, but a stroller is more convenient. Besides, the P&T stroller wheel can be locked to use as a jogging stroller as well.
We have this stroller also and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Everyone I've spoken to who has it loves it.

That being said, we are planning to buy a wagon pretty soon also, just to have both.

Kelsey!! Mama to Maverick born 04/05/09, a cloth diapering, but otherwise not THAT green kind of mommy http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kelseyeb1986 [url]http://zoombucks.com/join.php?ref=kelseyeb1986[url]
Maverick's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

I think being that you will get about another year to year and half worth of use, a stroller would be worth the investment. A wagon is good but there are times when I want my daughter (1/08, so a good deal older than your son) strapped in and contained, like our trip to NYC or crossing a busy street. A wagon is a great option for bigger and older kids, but it's not gonna keep him in when he wants to get out. It makes me nervous to pull a wagon and not SEE my kid and know she's sitting down. I've had a wagon before and knocked my kid over because she stood up and I didn't see because she was behind me while I was pulling, ya know? I don't really love wagons all that much, I'd say a stroller is woth the money. There are always a ton of strollers on craigslist here(i'm looking for a double as we speak) so that will cut down on your price.

by the way, i know you said you don't like small wheels on strollers but we have this and even my 38lb 5 year old daughter can sit in it without a problem. I've pushed her for 2 hours on the bike path in it with the toddler in the sl ing before. And it's really cheap too.

Last edited by 3rockstars; 06-02-2010 at 11:19 AM.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

It depends on what you need it for. If you do a lot of walking, and you want to haul other things too, you would like a wagon. But, if you want to walk through the mall, or other crowded areas you'd like a jogging stroller.

I love our wagon, we took it to the pumpkin farm, fairs, the zoo, around the block. We had a jogging stroller too, but it was a very long time ago, and it was HUGE back then. They had full size bike wheels then.