View Poll Results: What would you choose for a "next step" stroller?
Jogging stroller 7 63.64%
Wagon 2 18.18%
Other (please explain) 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #11
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If your child was outgrowing a stroller but still young...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryGnomeHome View Post
I think being that you will get about another year to year and half worth of use, a stroller would be worth the investment. A wagon is good but there are times when I want my daughter (1/08, so a good deal older than your son) strapped in and contained, like our trip to NYC or crossing a busy street. A wagon is a great option for bigger and older kids, but it's not gonna keep him in when he wants to get out. It makes me nervous to pull a wagon and not SEE my kid and know she's sitting down. I've had a wagon before and knocked my kid over because she stood up and I didn't see because she was behind me while I was pulling, ya know? I don't really love wagons all that much, I'd say a stroller is woth the money. There are always a ton of strollers on craigslist here(i'm looking for a double as we speak) so that will cut down on your price.

by the way, i know you said you don't like small wheels on strollers but we have this and even my 38lb 5 year old daughter can sit in it without a problem. I've pushed her for 2 hours on the bike path in it with the toddler in the sl ing before. And it's really cheap too.

I do not like a wagon when its just me. If DH or someone else is with me so that they can walk behind the wagon then great, but I dont like having my back to it and not being able to see without turning around every 5 seconds.

DD is 3, 32# and 38in and she still fits in my Valco Trimode great. She still has a ways to go in it too. I use it for everything, even mall shopping. It fits in the trunk of my car wonderfully.

Advertisement