10 Best All In One Cloth Diapers
Choosing how to most efficiently diaper your baby is a personal choice. Disposable diapers, All in one cloth diapers. There aren’t specific health benefits attributed to various methods, parents are left with the responsibility to decide which best option suits their child, their family, and their budget.
Some parents opt from the beginning to use disposable diapers. They are simple to use, convenient, and they can be easily whisked away when soiled.
Other parents become convinced after a bit of research that cloth diapers are the right way to go, particularly when hearing how long it may take a disposable diaper to break down. If you are considering the benefits of using diapers, here are some benefits to be had from making this eco-friendly choice.
Benefits Of Using Cloth Diapers
While all in one cloth diapers do take a bit more time to manage, there are several benefits to be considered as a result of their use. Some of the many benefits include:
- Less costly than disposable brands
- Eco-friendly, you’re helping cut down on landfill waste
- Helpful in managing sensitive skin issues
- More effective at containing waste
As you look for just the right brand and method for you, consider these cloth diaper top picks and know that you are making a smart, eco-friendly choice for you and your family.
1. Thirsties Naturals Cloth Diapers
Thirsties Natural cloth diapers are one of the best complete cloth diapers for daytime, nighttime, and even super soakers. While somewhat challenging to find a cloth diaper that addresses issues of excessive wetness, the use of naturally absorbent materials makes this sleek diaper super-absorbent and less bulky than other brands.
- Comes in a variety of colors and patterns
- Uses all natural, organic materials
- May take a bit longer to dry than other types of cloth diapers
- Sewn-in soaker flaps don’t always stay put for added protection
2. Grovia O.N.E. All In One Cloth Diapers
Grovia O.N.E proudly boasts that their diaper is the best cloth version out there. O.N.E. stands for Outlast closure, No Prep, and Easy to use. Highly regarded by those for nighttime protection, a hidden microfleece layer provides extra absorbency for those long nights of comfortable slumber. A double closure system involving snaps and hook and eye closure extends the life of your diapers, making cleanup a snap.
- No prep or washing required before use
- Easy to purchase replacement hook system
- Beautiful colors and patterns
- Hemp layers may leak if not prepped for use
- Doesn’t rise as high on the midriff as some would like
3. Nicki’s Diapers Bamboo All In One Cloth Diapers
Bamboo is an ideal natural, ultra-absorbent material commonly used to make all in one cloth diapers. Nicki’s diaper bamboo effortlessly combines natural materials and cutting-edge technology to make an affordable, effective option for families. Babies with adorable leg rolls enjoy added comfort of an adjustable rolling leg design. Parents can easily customize fit for babies from eight to thirty-five pounds.
- Great, vivid colors and patterns
- Easily machine or line dried
- May cause irritation for sensitive skin
- Needs to be washed 2-3 times to prepare for use
4. Best Bottom One Size Cloth Diaper
Best Bottom all in one cloth diapers are very absorbent, being a frontrunner for heavy wetters. A unique bikini fit allows for comfortable fitting for those adorable baby bellies, and extra layers of naturally absorbent material easily whisk moisture away from the baby’s delicate skin.
- Fleece won’t pill or separate
- Can be tumble dried on low
- Simple wipe and wash interior
- One of the most expensive brands money can buy
- Difficult to clean out stains
5. Imagine One Size Snap Bamboo Cloth Diaper
Imagine One Size Snap Bamboo All In One Cloth Diapers has gained a loyal following since its initial introduction to the market. Made with bamboo viscose, it quickly absorbs liquid while remaining soft and gentle on a baby’s delicate skin. A unique Velcro enclosure allows for a more secure fit, and optimal absorbency is achieved by washing three to five times before use. Imagine One Size Snap Bamboo All In One Cloth Diaper
- Bamboo encased elastic is soft and soothing on delicate skin
- Less expensive than other brands
- Velcro enclosure can wear out over time
- May need an extra absorbent layer if attempting to use right away
6. One Pocket Signature All In One Diaper
One Pocket Signature All in One cloth diapers are one of the slimmest all-in-one diapers on the market. While still impressively absorbent, each diaper does come with additional bamboo boosters if you have a heavy wetter in your household. Inside layers offer two types of protection. A stay-dry side allows moisture to be whisked away, while bamboo sides can be used for training to help the baby feel wet.
- Ultra slim design ensures wearing comfort
- Additional layers of protection included
- Dual layered inner design perfect for training
- More costly than competitors
- Additional layers of absorbency needed due to slim design
7. Smart Bottoms Smart One 3.1 All in one Cloth Diapers
The Smart bottoms Smart One 3.1 is the newest version of the Smart Bottom diaper line. Made with organic cotton, this diaper provides ultra absorbency and comfort while ensuring a trim fit. Smart Bottoms can be used for babies ten pounds and up, so they are not ideal for newborns.
- Color coordinated products and accessories available
- Made from 100% organic cotton
- Machine dryer safe
- Cannot be used for newborns
- Must be washed 8-10 times for maximum absorbency
8. Blueberry Organic One Size Simplex All in One Cloth Diapers
Blueberry’s Organic one-size cloth diapers have a truly unique and innovative design that adds extra absorbency as needed. A semi-attached layer can be used out and used as a moisture absorbing layer. Available in a multitude of unisex colors and patterns, they can be used for multiple family members.
- Contains latex-free elastic
- A semi-attached insert ensures quick drying time
- Inner layers options allow parents to choose fabrics
- Considered more costly than other brands
- Some report saggy fit when extremely wet
9. Kanga Care Lil Joey Cloth Diapers
The Kanga Care Lil Joey cloth diaper is specifically designed for newborns up to babies weighing twelve pounds. One of the best diapers for newborns, it contains a snap-down cord care panel that adjusts to accommodate the umbilical cord.
- Unique colors and patterns
- Hypoallergenic materials
- Patented inner gusset design
- Newborn-only design limits use
- Micro-chamois inner layer can bunch up and irritate
10. Thank u Mom Newborn All In One Cloth Diapers
Thank u Mom Newborn All in one cloth diapers have a unique design specifically formulated for newborns. Multi-pack options make this brand less expensive when compared to other brands. With the option to tumble or line dry, you can ensure efficient cleaning, drying, and bleaching of various components of the diaper.
- Unique butterfly design hugs baby’s body better
- Unisex designs and colors
- Only requires a single wash before use
- Newborn design necessitates buying a different brand as the baby grows
- Microfiber reported to irritate sensitive skin
Because all in one cloth diapers are similar to disposable varieties, many parents prefer using them for a first attempt at cloth diapering. Thicker design does require a longer drying time, but many consider that a small price to pay for their simplicity and ease of use. Whether you choose one or several on this list, know that you are making a healthy choice for your baby as you minimize your impact on the environment.
For a full article All-In-One Cloth Diapers: How do They Work & Should Parents Use Them?